Certified Medical Assistant or LPN Clinic Nurse can fill this roleWestdale Family Medicine Clinic Full-time: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Match, Disability Coverage, Paid Time Off/Holidays, Critical Care Coverage, Parental Leave, Annual Pay Raise and more!!Perks of working in a clinic: Monday-Friday schedules with work/life balance!No holidays!Care for a diverse patient population & serve your whole community!Work in a team environment with providers and medical staff!
- Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
- Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
- Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-9 coding.
- Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members.
- Facilitate and support relationships between providers (e.g. within clinic, referring) and with ancillary services.
- Thoroughly understand anatomical impact (phases/stages, thresholds) for clinic specialty services including co-morbidities and influences impacting patient care and treatment.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants or Graduate of an accredited program for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Current CMA certification through one of the of the following credentialing body; AAMA, AMT, NCCT or NMA.
- Current license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa/Illinois for Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
- BLS and Mandatory Reporter certification.
- Computer data entry experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
Posting ID: 593240873Posted: 2021-02-24Job Title: Clinic Nurse