Under indirect supervision, performs variety of non-professional patient care duties for Health Plan members in inpatient skilled nursing facility (SNF); is responsible and accountable for assigned tasks. Essential Responsibilities:
- Gives input to RN for development and revision of patient care plan.
- Assists with ongoing data collection; identifies changes in patient status and reports changes to RN/LPN.
- Implements care plan; sets priorities of care with licensed staff.
- Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers/ambulation.
- Reports evaluation to RN/LPN if outcomes are not met, if patient responses are unexpected or unusual.
- Records data and nursing care activities in medical record following Department/Unit/JCAHO standards.
- Utilizes Department and Unit forms per procedures.
- Reports incidents, work related injuries, unsafe equipment or environment to supervisor or other appropriate person.
- Functions with awareness of and applies infection control principles and standards, including patient, environment and employee issues.
- Participates in assigned Quality Improvement activities.
- Reports pertinent patient data at Shift Report; reports problems to licensed staff, charge nurse or supervisor.
- Practices within Facility and Hospital standards/policies/procedures.
- Locates and uses Facility and Hospital manuals, and other reference manuals/books when necessary.
- Remains calm in emergency patient care/Unit situations; follows established protocols.
- Assists as directed during Code 500 (chest compression/runner).
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED.Hospital Aide Training Program or documented completion of equivalent military training course.
License, Certification, RegistrationValid Hawaii Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) certification (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State certification) required within 3 months from date of hire. Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification upon date of hire. Additional Requirements:Experience or successful completion of training program (pre-hire, post-hire, or on-the-job) in area of specialty, if applicable. Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, interpersonal relations, and customer service. Demonstrates sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in area of specialization. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care and/or service appropriate to age groups served. Demonstrates knowledge skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as Hospital Aide.
Hawaii,Kula,Kula Hospital Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start:
Variable Working Hours End:
Variable Job Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Standard Employee Status:
Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
S02 AFSCME UPW-Local 646 Job Level:
Entry Level Job Category:
Patient Care Services (Non RN) Department:
Swing Unit (Hosp Acute or SNF) Travel:
No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.