During the current Covid-19 pandemic, World Courier Ireland is continuing to support the delivery of urgent pharmaceutical and medical products. We are recruiting for the position of Export Operations Executive to provide support and help to facilitate these critical deliveries.
Based from World Courier's Dublin office and reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful applicant will be involved in the planning and execution of shipment orders from initial order placement by the customer through to the physical preparation of shipments prior to dispatch.
The hours for this position will be 40 hours per week on a rotational shift basis between 07:00 and 20:00 Monday - Friday.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise on and arrange the movement of cold chain pharmaceuticals and biological samples internationally
- Preparation of shipments for import/export and clearing of goods through customs barriers for importers and exporters
- Preparation of documents and/or electronic submissions including calculations of taxes/duties
- Customer quotes and acceptance of orders
- Process all queries efficiently, liaise with relevant departments as required
- Preparation of shipments & creation of bookings with airlines including MAWB
- Customs Clearance
- Estimating transit times, routing deliveries and assigning drivers.
- Co-ordination with external customers as well as liaising with offices throughout the network to ensure timely delivery of shipments
- Ensuring that systems are updated throughout the delivery process
- Foster excellent relations with all customers and promote the professional image of our organisation
- Operate to the highest possible standards during all transactions/engagements both internal and external
- Adhere to all SOP's
- Minimum 2 years experience of Import/export air freight operations
- Extensive knowledge of global requirements for importation/exportation of clinical trial and pharmaceutical shipments preferred
- Air freight customs brokerage experience preferred
- IATA Dangerous Goods Certified
- Air Cargo Security Trained
- Strong IT skills.
- Positive, proactive and readily embraces change.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to converse in a confident and friendly manner
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team is critical to this position
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Must show commitment to a strong team environment
Posting ID: 593242697Posted: 2021-03-17