Job Description Phlebotomist Travel
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 1-2 months Description:Duties:
- Draws blood specimens by either venipuncture or capillary method.
- Prepares lab related paperwork including requisitions.
- Ensures that patient test samples are sent to appropriate laboratory.
- Ensures that appropriate diagnosis codes are on requisitions.
- Interprets written test request. Uses 'vacutainer' tubes and needles and/or 'butterflies' for drawing venous blood.
- Uses micro lancets and capillary pipettes for obtaining blood by fingerstick.
- Determines proper tube (anticoagulant) for each blood specimen and correct order.
- Ensures appropriate and accurate patient contact, identification, record keeping and interpretation.
- Draws and processes blood and other specimens promptly.
- Completes requisitions for specimens being sent to reference labs, ensuring that patient information is complete and appropriate diagnosis codes are indicated.
- Works in an active environment interacting with physicians, healthcare teammates and patients.
- Works in areas that contains biohazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire and mechanical hazards.
- Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye to hand coordination.
- Frequent walking, sitting, bending and standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifts and carries items up to 25 pounds. Requires visual acuity and normal color perception. Education:
Certifications & Licenses:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Successful completion of hospital on job training program for a Venipuncture Tech required.
Phlebotomy Certification Languages:
English (Speak, Read, Write ) Schedule Notes:
Phlebotomy in an acute care hospital setting. This facility is strictly and adult patient population. Responsible for blood draws on inpatients and occasionally our emergency department. Will also perform some specimen processing.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability
Posting ID: 593243519Posted: 2020-12-16Job Title: Phlebotomist