The Creative Experience (CX) team at AEO Inc. is responsible for the user interface design of all new digital capabilities for AE and Aerie. As part of this team, you'll take on a variety of UI design work across many of AE's digital spaces, including e-commerce sites, blogs, apps, and more! This is a freelance/contract role.
- Reporting to the Sr. UI Designer, you support all initiatives in the Shopping Confidence and Shopping Inspiration digital workstreams.
- You'll create clean, elevated user-friendly interfaces for ae.com and our iOS and Android apps that generate revenue through enhancing the shopping, loyalty, and checkout experiences for AE and Aerie customers.
- Partner closely with the UX team, copywriters, business analysts and product managers to define project user flows, wireframes, and visual design in a collaborative working team environment.
- Come to the role with an excellent understanding of modern, relevant UI design principles and best practices and apply that knowledge to every project.
- Interact with developers with a pixel-perfect eye to fine-tune CSS styling, functionality and interaction design in frequent working sessions.
- Act as the liaison between the marketing and digital teams, ensuring that the AE and Aerie brand aesthetics are brought to life across every digital experience and channel.
- Responsible for attending daily stand ups, project meetings, and conducting cross-channel research.
- Establish documentation and process around new features that you'll role out to other design teams.
- Remain well-versed in ongoing digital trends and software, including e-commerce best practices and mobile-first design.
- Ensure timely delivery on all projects, managing workload and timelines independently.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in UI Design, Graphic Design, Communication Design or related field
- 2+ years of UI design experience, e-commerce preferred
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, and related design tools.
- Portfolio of work that shows strong understanding of UX principles and UI design best practices, including how to style navigational elements, form fields, responsive reflows, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management, & planning skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
American Eagle Outfitters is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting ID: 593245032Posted: 2020-12-16Job Title: Freelance