Description:Swedish Medical Center is looking for aNursing Assistant Certified (NAC) (0.9FTE, Night Shift)to work for theFloat PoolatSwedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.The Nursing Assistant Certified Float assists in the delivery of patient care and department-related activities under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.In this position you will:
Qualifications:Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Work under supervision of the RN to provide care and service to patients and their families. Receive direction from the RN for delegation of tasks. Adhere to emergency policies and procedures associated with patient care.
- Transport patients as directed.
- Appropriately communicate and document all daily activities and care provided to patient. Communicate and document unusual and complex issues and changes in patient condition in a timely manner. Communicate and document such actions accurately and legibly.
- Provide patient care as directed by team RN and within scope of practice. Duties performed may include, but are not limited to: making and changing beds, assisting with ADL's, vital signs, urinary catheter care and removal, Intake & Output's, ambulation assistance, assisting patients to the bathroom, assisting patients with using a bedpan, assisting with pericare, assisting the patient with feeding, and performing chemstrip functions.
- Perform courtesy patient rounds with frequency as delegated by the RN.
Preferred qualificationsfor this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At a minimum, satisfactory completion of one academic term (quarter or semester) that included clinical patient care experience
- Current Washington State certification as a Nursing Assistant Certified
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN)
- Washington State Medical Assistant - Registered will be required with Swedish Medical Center facility application completed within 7 days of hire
- Must obtain active license within 60 days of hire
- Employee will not be authorized to practice independently until registration is obtained
About the First Hill Campus
- Enrolled in a BSN program
- Six (6) months acute care experience, or demonstrated experience involving customer service in healthcare or other related industry and completion of an acute care NAC course
- One (1) year skilled nursing experience, or currently enrolled and in good standing at a traditional registered nursing program approved by the Nursing Quality Care Commission
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxceVxu1oWQWe offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.About Us
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
Certified Nursing AssistantLocation:
First Hill Main Bldg (WA145) 747 Broadway Seattle, 98122Req ID: