Description:Where you work matters! Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Vascular Sonographer (1.0 FTE, DAY SHIFT) to work in the Vascular Ultrasound at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA.We are seeking a detail-oriented Vascular Sonographer to perform professional level, highly complex diagnostic vascular studies under general supervision and prepare preliminary finding based on physiological and anatomical imaging data.In this position you will:
Qualifications:Required qualifications for this position include:
- Prepare patient for examination; obtains the patient history through interview and medical record review, explain testing procedures; performs physical examination.
- Perform, evaluate and provide diagnostic preliminary findings of non-invasive ultrasound and physiological examinations on patients and research participants in the areas of extracranial cerebrovascular, intracranial cerebrovascular, peripheral venous, peripheral arterial and visceral vessels.
- Select and perform appropriate examinations as necessary, based on the patient assessment and initial physician order, to provide accurate representation of patient's anatomy and pathophysiology as determined during the ongoing examination.
- Interpret and present preliminary examination findings to referring physicians; provide additional information as requested.
- Schedule and prioritizes patient examinations.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Satisfactory completion of training program accredited by the American Medical Association - Committee on Allied Health education (AMA-CAHEA) for vascular ultrasound
- Current RVT registration with ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) in vascular technology, or meets the ARDMS requirements and must be registered within one year of employment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN)
- Six (6) months Internship in vascular scanning experience
About the Cherry Hill Campus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Diagnostic or Vascular Ultrasound
- Two (2) years Vascular scanning experience
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity. On July 1, 2000, the 385-bed tertiary-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health-care system.We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.About Us
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
EKG and Monitor TechsLocation:
Cherry Hill Main Bldg (WA150) 500 17th Ave James Tower Seattle, 98122Req ID: