This position is CONTINGENT upon funding, an open position, customer approval, completion of a favorable background investigation, and the ability to obtain and maintain a USPS sensitive clearance.
An experienced senior-level Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
is needed support the mission of the Threat Intelligence Unit by analyzing and tracking adversaries, creating and sharing intelligence both internal and external to CISO, and creating and updating cyber threat profiles for leadership..
The candidate will have experience in the US Intelligence Community, serving as a Subject Matter Expert to the Global Business Intelligence team lead.
Location: Falls Church (Merrifield), Virginia.Job Responsibilities will include:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Provides insights to other team members on nuances of networking technologies, architectures, and network traffic analysis to support other analysts who do not have networking experience.
- Develops models for identifying incident-type activity, of malware or bad actors, using statistical analysis
- Develop dashboards to assist in automation and awareness for incident response
- Reviews incident logs/records mining for patterns
- Researches Internet sources and threat intelligence databases to try and find evidence in customer logs
- Explores patterns in network and system activity through log correlation using Splunk and other tools
- Investigates evidence of threats against Windows, Linux, Database, Applications, web servers, firewalls or other relevant technologies
- Ingest IOC's to assess impact to organization
- Share IOC's with internal and external teams for validation and collaboration.
- Guide junior threat analysts.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant intelligence products to the customer to include a variety of intelligence reports, PowerPoint presentations, and various briefings.
- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance - Position of Public Trust - and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance
- Must have 8+ years US Intelligence Community work experience and a Bachelor's degree
- Must have strong working knowledge of:
- Intelligence Analysis and Reporting
- Adversary Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- At least 4+ years in cybersecurity experience
- Networking experience, with routing, switching, and analysis experience
- Statistical modeling and analysis experience to infer possible cybersecurity threats
- Experience in analysis in investigations, such as in IT, law enforcement, military intelligence, or business analytics
- Interest in learning about Windows, Linux, Database, Application, Web server, firewall, SIEM etc. log analysis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with team-members
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to self-start, prioritize, multi-task and work in a team setting
- Understanding of intelligence cycle, Cyber Kill Chain, and Diamond Model
- Familiarity with common network vulnerability/penetration testing
- Experience with, Recorded Future, Tanium, Redseal, Anomali
- An understanding of log data for Sourcefire, Brightmail, Blue Coat, and Tipping Point
- Experience evaluating systems and network devices and enterprise networks for IA vulnerabilities
- Experience evaluating enterprise networks for IA/security vulnerabilities
- Splunk query-development expertise
- Experience on an Incident Response team performing Tier I/II initial incident triage.
- Excellent writing skills
Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science or a related field. In lieu of degree, two additional years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education. Desired Certifications (one or more desired):
DOD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II; CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C EH), SFCP, GCIA, SEC +, or SANS
*This is a full-time salaried position.
*Relocation assistance is not provided.172815
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.