Provides direct care to research study participants and makes necessary nursing judgments. Uses the nursing process to deliver professional care and evaluation of study participant responses to study protocols and works closely with faculty, fellows, residents and nursing staff.Essential Responsibilities:
- 1. Provides direct care to research study participants, including patients and volunteers, and makes necessary nursing judgments. Demonstrates clinical performance at an expert level utilizing perceptual skills which are intuitive or experience-based. Critiques own decision making and judgments regarding the care of patients. (essential)
2. Demonstrates greater depth in practice focus, providing nursing consultation for atypical patient presentations, unexpected events or unusual outcomes, recurring problems on the patient care unit, or strategic planning for the future of the unit. Evaluates the results of consultation in terms of patient outcomes and ability of the consultee to handle similar problems in the future (essential)
3. Coordinates the care of patients and directs assistive personnel in order to provide safe, effective, efficient, equitable, and timely, patient centered care. Identifies problems and populations at risk and proposes solutions (essential)
4. Works in a collaborative relationship with other health professionals to determine health care needs of patients & families. Demonstrates & role-models an interdisciplinary collaborative approach to patient care. Utilizes negotiation & conflict resolution skills to foster collaborative and collegial relationships. Participates in quality improvement activities & other clinical investigations. (essential)
5. Participates in activities that contribute to the ongoing development of self and others. Responsible for maintaining annual mandatory educational requirements, which include emergency skills and unit based competencies. Self-evaluation of practice, in particular, unexpected outcomes are identified and other courses of action are considered (essential)
6. Maintains awareness of current research findings that apply to area of practice focus. Actively promotes the growth and development of colleagues through clinical teaching opportunities, professional mentorship, and other staff development activities. Maintains awareness of unit needs and resources and initiates action to resolve problems (essential)
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required. Master's degree in Nursing preferred.
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certificate
- Completion of CITI training within 6 weeks of hire and recertification every three years thereafter.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Experience in a teaching hospital and specialty area expertise>
Age based Competencies:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.Req ID
Research Clinical Nurse IIState / Province
40 HoursDepartment Description
Research-Vaccine ResearchZip Code
Full Time Job Category
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Department
Research-Vaccine ResearchHours Per Week (for Per Diem enter 1)
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Posting ID: 593247714Posted: 2020-12-16Job Title: Nurse