We Are HiringHistology TechnicianLocation:
Ascension St. Vincent Evansville Main Campus HospitalUnit: Laboratory Available Opportunity
Full Time (40 hours weekly)
8 hours shifts Who Are We...St. Vincent
is the leading faith-based health care system in Indiana and is a part of Ascension
, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. What St. Vincent has to offer:
What You Will Do
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: St. Vincent provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 134 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At St. Vincent, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges.
- Magnet Designated Facility: St. Vincent Evansville is a Magnet Designated facility. The Magnet Recognition Program designates organizations worldwide where nursing leaders successfully align their nursing strategic goals to improve the organization's patient outcomes. Beginning in 2011 and continuing through today, our facility has maintained this designation and is in the top 6% of hospitals in the nation.
Collect and prepare tissue specimens for routine and special procedures to confirm a patient diagnosis.
What You Will Need
- Follow established procedures for collecting and processing biological specimens for analysis.
- Input patient demographics into computer system. Report results and maintains documentation.
- Operate and maintain equipment used for embedding and sectioning specimens.
- Follow safety requirements and appropriately handles and disposes of chemicals.
- Perform histological preparation of samples including the embedding, cutting and staining of tissue for pathology.
- Perform special stains on tissue, including the operation and maintenance of equipment and supplies used in this task.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Histological Tech preferred.
Why Join Our Team
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Serving the greater Indianapolis area and Evansville, Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent has been providing rewarding careers in healthcare for over 148 years. We operate 24 hospitals - in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more - and offer careers in a wide range of services. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. When you join Ascension St. Vincent, you join a diverse team of more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers who are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all - especially to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension St. Vincent is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work