Overview Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - SR Behavioral Health
Full-Time, 72 Hours per pay period, Day ShiftPrevious healthcare experience preferred, experience working with geriatric population preferred. Position requires flexible scheduling, ability to communicate effectively, organization skills, team work, and non-violent crisis intervention skills and training.Position Summary:
Functions as a direct patient caregiver performing tasks to assist registered nurses. Performs hands-on care, assistance with ADL's and specified technical tasks for a group of patients under the supervision of the Team Leader.
- Take and record temperature, pulse, respiration rates, blood pressures, weights, heights, and intake-output measurements.
- Encourage patients to turn, cough, and take deep breaths and to use incentive spirometry as specified by Plan of Care.
- Ambulate, and assist patients in and out of bed, into wheelchairs and transport when necessary.
- Attends to nutritional needs of patient which may include distributing meal trays, feeding, filling and passing out water pitchers,
- Provides morning or evening care, which may include bed bath, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing patient, changing bed linen, cleaning over-bed table and bedside stand, straightening room, and other supportive care as needed.
- Empty drains, canisters, urine bags, bedpans and emesis basins and record intake and output.
- Assists in maintaining a safe environment, which may include reporting equipment that is out of order, appropriate handling of linen and storing of supplies.
- Provides general care such as positioning, lifting or turning patients; assisting in use of bedpan, urinal or commode; preoperative supportive care; and application/removal of abdominal binders or anti-embolism stockings and sequential compression devices.
- Empty & clean ostomy bag, per procedure.
- Collect urine, stool and sputum specimen as ordered.
- Perform tasks such as ROM, assist with ambulatory devices as specified by the patients' plan of care.
- Perform phlebotomy (requires additional training). To include correct labeling using two patient identifiers, maintenance of lab-draw supplies, rotating and restocking.
- Perform EKG (requires special training).
- Promptly answer patient call lights and respond to patient requests.
Qualifications Minimum Education:
None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority. Minimum Experience:
None. Licensure Requirement:
CNA certification from state of Tennessee required. CPR required.
Posting ID: 593247949Posted: 2020-12-30