Overview Registered Nurse - Intermediate Care UnitFull-Time, 72 Hours per pay period, Night Shift
May be required to work days, nights, weekends and holidays at the manager's discretion.
Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System serves an eight-county region in the Lakeway Area and is equipped with modern technologies and expert staff to provide the best possible patient care. We continue to grow services, attract new physicians, and add advanced technology, while offering the right blends of technical expertise, medical professionalism, quality and patient satisfaction. Position Summary:
Provides professional nursing care within an assigned unit; coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
Responsibilities Position accountabilities to include but not limited to:
- Correlates patient history and support systems within hospital care/nursing home care.
- Assesses needs of patient and family.
- Develops and initiates plan of care, involving patient and family.
- Recommends interventions.
- Evaluates plan of care.
- Clinical expertise and knowledge is such that individual can resolve complex patient/management/physician problems without supervision.
- Demonstrates competence in performing critical skills to include appropriate delivery of care according to the age-specific needs of the population served.
- Leads process improvement initiatives in their own unit or participate in facility team.
- Precepts new employees/students or attends formal preceptor workshop and is willing to precept. Reviews clinical performance of preceptee with unit leader or clinical instructor.
- Provides four contact hours of educational activities, excluding basic patient education.
- Contributes to development and evaluation of unit orientation program.
- Supervises LPNs, Nursing Assistants, HUCs, Techs, and sitters.
Qualifications Minimum Education:
None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority. Minimum Experience:
Three (3) years professional nursing experience. Stepdown, ER or Critical care experience preferred.Licensure Requirement:
Must have and maintain Tennessee RN license and CPR.
Posting ID: 593247951Posted: 2021-02-17