Overview Registered Nurse - Medical Unit RNFull-Time, 72 Hours per pay period, Nights
Rotating schedule, every other weekend, and rotating holidays required
Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System serves an eight-county region in the Lakeway Area and is equipped with modern technologies and expert staff to provide the best possible patient care. We continue to grow services, attract new physicians, and add advanced technology, while offering the right blends of technical expertise, medical professionalism, quality and patient satisfaction. Position Summary:
Provides professional nursing care within an assigned unit; coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
- Correlates patient history and support systems within hospital care/nursing home care.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family.
- Develops and initiates plan of care, involving patient and family.
- Recommends interventions.
- Evaluates plan of care.
- Resolves problems regarding moderately complex issues without oversight or supervision.
- Demonstrates willingness to precept employees/students as directed. Reviews clinical performance of preceptee with unit leader or clinical instructor.
- Demonstrates competence in performing critical skills to include appropriate delivery of care according to the age-specific needs of the population served.
- Supervises LPNs, Nursing Assistants, HUCs, Techs, and sitters.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Minimum Education:
None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority. Minimum Experience:
One (1) year of professional nursing experience. Licensure Requirement:
Must have and maintain Tennessee RN license and CPR.
Posting ID: 593248053Posted: 2021-02-24Job Title: Registered Medical Unit