Function/Duties of Position
This position provides patient care in the Gastroenterology and Hepatology clinic/clinic equivalent in the areas of therapeutic procedures, general GI, and endoscopy. This is a fast-paced clinical sitting with multiple disciplines working together in a collaborative environment. Physicians work in a team environment that includes learners, Registered Nurses. and Medical Assistants.
- 7 half-days of clinic/clinic equivalents during non-attending weeks. The outpatient responsibilities will be at the discretion of the Division Head and could be changed based on divisional needs. The following plan is proposed for 2020-2021:
- Five to six half-days of endoscopy (with emphasis on interventional and special procedures.
- One to two half-days of outpatient clinic focused on General GI (this could include a virtual clinic)
- GI Attending responsibilities:
- 6 - 8 weeks on GI service based on the number of full time GI staff. During attending rotations, you will be expected to supervise Gl fellows, complete all inpatient Gl consultations, and perform endoscopic procedures on inpatients and outpatients at the hospital endoscopy unit or ICU.
- During the attending rotation, you will not have other outpatient obligations and will receive full credit for the outpatient clinics.
- Appropriate Nursing support will be provided for all outpatient activities.
- Night and weekend call:
- In rotation with other faculty, and similar to other GI faculty. Weekend call is shared with OHSU and VA faculty. Faculty are expected to see new patients, and supervise all endoscopic procedures in person.
Scholarly and Research work (25%):
- Teaching of medical students, residents, Gl fellows during the course of the year.
- Board certified in Gastroenterology
- Valid Oregon medical license
- Completion of advanced training in therapeutic endoscopy
- Ability to perform endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) of high-risk lesions, ERCP and endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) with fine needle aspiration (FNA)
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting ID: 593249071Posted: 2021-01-06