The Payroll Supervisor supervises payroll specialists. The incumbent plans, coordinates, and supervises the analysis, development, and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures of payroll to improve the efficiency of the services including but not limited to financial, retirement, legal, payroll related expenditures, and posting into the general ledger. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees and evaluates the work of the Payroll Specialists in developing and maintaining payroll processing data records to insure proper documentation and compliance with laws, rules, and regulations.
- Reviews existing documents and develops new practices, transactions, procedures, and reports related to the responsibilities of the payroll team as they relate to payroll.
- Coordinates with HRIS, Benefits, Human Resources, Personnel and General Ledger Accounting, and other departments on procedural controls impacting payroll processes, for the purpose of developing more efficient systems.
- Collaborates with HRIS team on the development of system requirements, process designs, detailed business activities, and data mapping and modeling to support the maintenance of the payroll accounting and financial processes.
- Assists HRIS team by identifying problems in the payroll system and makes recommendations for problem prevention or solution.
- Analyzes union contracts to determine effect on payroll processing and to recommend changes in payroll procedures and records as necessary.
- Provides technical support, direction, and training to the payroll section in implementation of changes.
- Develops and presents programs to provide training to time keepers and other personnel regarding payroll procedures and problem resolution.
- Through the use of ad hoc reports, analyzes payroll data and provides information.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Education/Experience/Qualifications
- AA or AS degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Human Resources required.
- Minimum of five years of payroll experience in a fast pace and high volume environment required.
- Minimum of five years' experience in an ERP payroll system which includes report generation from the system required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Must have experience in a paperless environment.
- Must be able to accurately interpret state and federal regulations and publications and apply them to the work environment.
- An expert level in Excel is preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Payroll Practitioner Certification preferred.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Posting ID: 593250763Posted: 2020-12-16