Reporting to the Directors of Restaurant Operations, the Senior Restaurant Manager will be responsible for the overall operation of all food service venues, attaining the highest standards and efficiency. The Senior Restaurant Manager will provide strategic leadership, guidance and direction on food/restaurant concepts, initiatives and operational decisions that simultaneously results in year over year improvements in customer satisfaction scores, improved product quality and increased operational profitability. The Senior Restaurant Manager will facilitate a positive and welcoming interaction ensuring an optimal guest service experience while safeguarding company assets and guaranteeing venue integrity.
The Senior Restaurant Manager will also be responsible for creating and executing: an effective communication plan, strategic presentations, policy and procedures, systems for organizing, tracking as well as streamlining processes. He/she will work closely with Food and Beverage leadership and support departments / business partners to assist operations in achieving business objectives and desired results in a high performance culture. Occasionally, the Senior Restaurant Manager may be called upon to take on an operational management role as required. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops a strategic business plan that will support company initiatives and enhance restaurants quality and service, associated costs, employee development, retention strategies and employee productivity benchmarks.
- Reinforces department standards, guidelines and objectives and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of all food venues.
- Monitors and evaluates all daily departmental activities so as to ensure the successful day-to-day management of all food venues and related operations.
- Follows established health and safety policies and procedures for food staff and ensures their compliance.
- Ensures the compliance culture within the organization and fosters an environment where employees feel empowered to report potential violations and/or misconduct.
- Manages, mentors and develops a high-performing Food and Beverage Management team; delegates job assignments to direct reports and provides measurement of results and constructive feedback.
- Interviews, hires, commends, disciplines and/or terminates food service employees as required in compliance with established use of progressive discipline; ensures that employees receive the necessary guidance and resources required to accomplish established objectives.
- Works closely with Human Resources Business Partners to resolve employee conflicts, issues progressive discipline, mediates due process meetings and administers all aspects of the collective bargaining agreement
- Partners with members of training staff to create a structured and successful training process for all food service employees.
- Maintains complete knowledge and strictly abides by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Directs and supervises management, individual contributors and front line employees. The Senior Restaurant Manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include maintaining adequate staffing levels, training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Education/Experience/Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management, Business Administration or related field required.
- Minimum of six (6) years' experience in the casino, restaurant and/or hotel industry required.
- Minimum of five (5) years' progressive supervisory and managerial experience in a food and beverage environment, directing, leading and coaching others to exceed organizational standards; must have experience in a high-volume, multi-venue or casino facility.
- Must be able to think strategically and operationally about factors such as: pricing, quality, marketing, price/value perceptions, customer satisfaction, employee training and development as they relate to overall food products.
- Ability to prepare, understand, present and analyze business strategies; advanced proficiency in budgeting, P&L and business planning mandatory.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Proven managerial problem-solving, critical thinking skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to identify and prioritize issues, delegating as appropriate, to drive to measurable results.
- Must possess demonstrated leadership ability, as well as organizational and strategic agility.
- Demonstrated ability for people development by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, and holding them accountable.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must possess a current and valid ServSafe certificate, or be able to obtain within 90 days of employment start date.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Posting ID: 593250866Posted: 2020-12-16Job Title: Senior Restaurant Manager