Under the direction of the Director of Hotel Operations, the Hotel Reservations Manager is responsible for assisting with the optimization of the Revenue Strategy of the hotel by ensuring a quality reservation service to all guests, and partnering with the Director of Revenue Management & Room Reservations on revenue management strategies' application. The Hotel Reservations Manager's areas of responsibility concentrate on both the guest service and strategic sales practices of the Hotel Reservations team members. The Hotel Reservations Manager is responsible for upholding the highest of guest service standards, and consistently delivering results that contribute to the overall success of the hotel, to include improving enterprise revenues, improving business effectiveness and efficiencies, and improving the value of the hotel's products and services to its customers and clients. The Hotel Reservations Manager is also responsible for guiding and mentoring the Reservations Department team members, and assisting with escalated Department and guest concerns. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees and manages Reservations Department, including onboarding, training and guidance of all Department team members. Recruits, interviews and trains team members. Monitors and develops team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and rewards. Participates in forecast and budgeting process. Completes a full 30-60-90-day forecast and monthly analysis of bookings and STR report. Participates in taking reservations calls and provides sufficient coverage for the office in the absence of Reservations agents.
2. Ensures processes of confirming guest reservations made by/ for clients over phone, personally, internet or e-mail are operating at the highest efficiency. Ensures all operational procedures (invoicing of cancellations etc.), related to other departments are carried out within deadlines to ensure optimal customer service. Ensures excellent quality of service is provided to guests within procedure timeframe. Provides a support service for daily delivery of all loyalty-programs.
3. Conducts weekly consultations with applicable Hotel management where booking period is evaluated for proper rate and availability control, and assists in implementing and analyzing strategy changes.
- Proactively identifies trends and changes in industry market
- Reviews STR report daily and reports out opportunities
- Works closely with Marketing to create packages
- Optimizes market segments in conjunction with sales departments to maximize revenues
- Communicates strategy changes with executive team
- Reviews historical information and reports to optimize previous sell strategies
- Sets and monitors reservations and yield system controls
4. Receives all definite and tentative group bookings and provides Director of Revenue Management with qualified analysis of how each booking will impact occupancy, average rate and rooms profit over dates in question.
5. Monitors and analyzes competition weekly through competitive shops, internet, and news reports to identify selling strategies and emerging trends. Explores and provides variations in the market mix which would stimulate additional revenue without increasing costs. Analyzes short and long term forecasting, and trends in group inventories & rates to include occupancy, goals, product line and strategic sales goals.
6. Develops, implements and enforces Department policies and procedures. Creates meeting agendas and facilitates team meetings; ensuring team members are informed of upcoming events, VIP items, hotel and Casino products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies. Trains Reservations team members on up-selling techniques in order to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue.
7. Responds to escalated or other pertinent guest inquiries, requests and issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner; partnering with the necessary departments to resolve guest concerns.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department. Supervisory Responsibilities
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Education/Experience/Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years' experience in the Hotel Reservations field required. Experience with 5-star luxury hotel and casino is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient at statistical and competitive analysis.
- Individual is high energy individual with a positive attitude is a must. Guest service and team oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and possession of a full understanding of professional business ethics, decorum and social skills. Abilities
- Ability to effectively analyze and use operational, financial, and marketing data to maintain and improve market share/penetration goals.
- Understanding of hotel operations and can associate with their needs through the revenue department.
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprise's insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!