100 Summer (21021), United States of America, Boston, Massachusetts
Commercial Real Estate Multifamily - SVP, FHA Originator II Summary
Capital One is seeking a Multifamily Originator to join our Commercial Real Estate Business reporting to the Senior Vice President, Multifamily Finance.We are seeking an Originator to contribute to the expansion of our Multifamily platform.
Capital One is active in all aspects of the commercial real estate arena with extensive experience in permanent and construction loans for a broad range of projects including multifamily housing, retail, office buildings, student housing, industrial and parking facilities. Our Multifamily Finance Team is a part of Capital One's broader Commercial Real Estate Business (CRE) and in addition to generating loans for our balance sheet, is one of the largest originators of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA loans.
The Originator will be responsible for originating a satisfactory volume of loans meeting Capital One's underwriting criteria. They will also be responsible for establishing a market presence and for the development and maintenance of a referral network that generates a pipeline of new loan clients and for pursuing and closing those prospective clients. Responsibilitiesand Competencies
- Prospect for new borrower relationships within market to stimulate deal flow
- Manage and cultivate existing borrower relationship
- Develop and expand a network of referral sources/centers of influence
- Structure multifamily loans through our wide array of lending products
- Develop and close new business
- Participate in professional organizations to gain visibility and enhance the Capital One brand
- Ensure alignment with overall CRE strategy
- Demonstrated business development experience in a CRE organization
- Significant experience in multifamily loan origination
- Experience in/working knowledge of Fannie/Freddie/FHA multifamily mortgage lending
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with an ability to comprehend complex projects
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Exceptional ability to influence at senior levels
- Capital One is open to hiring a remote employee for this opportunity
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years of experience in Multifamily Agency Originations
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 8+ years of experience in Multifamily Agency Originations
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).