Full time Location:
WI Milwaukee Job Type:
Human Resources General Job Posting Title:
Human Resources Generalist Job Description:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Working as a strategic business partner with the plant leadership - evaluate the state of human resources in the plant, identify opportunities for improvement and develop and execute a strategic vision for the HR function in the plant focused on supporting the achievement of both functional and plant key performance objectives
- Drive employee engagement to maximize manufacturing, quality and customer service goal attainment
- Develop and align HR initiatives to the business strategy which includes the ability to identify, analyze, understand and articulate business goals and objectives at the company, plant and business unit level
- Ensure compliance with regulatory activities such as EEO, AAP, OSHA, Worker's Compensation, Unemployment, FMLA and FLSA
- Analyze, monitor and improve diversity administration education, training, staffing, communication, affirmative action planning & development, and diversity culture building (AWA, Work / Family Programs)
- Coordinate and enforce HR policies, processes, systems and reporting activities
- Coach and counsel managers and supervisors in the plant regarding employee and labor relations issues in order to enable them to address employee issues at the floor level.
- Manage consistent execution of compensation programs including merit, bonus, and promotional counseling. Provide management education on salary administration and performance management. Analyze and effectively utilize compensation programs, and rewards & recognition plans
- Ensure consistent delivery of benefit programs with the benefits team
- Provide career planning and development counsel to employees and managers using Human Resource Planning platforms such as Performance Management (PMP), Talent Management (TM), and Individual Development Planning (IDP)
- Drive staffing process including sourcing strategies, interviewing, testing, job offers and orientation. Measure staffing effectiveness including turnover analysis and action planning
- Serves as a member of the plant leadership team in support of plant goals
- Manages HR performance against plant goals in safety, quality, cost, customer service and culture
- Exudes a high degree of inter-personal skills and has the ability to work well with everyone
- Follows and enforces standards for food safety and food quality production reflected in SQF as well as the regulations of major vendors and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA and assures associates are consistently trained in these standards and comply with all requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Five years of Human Resources Generalist experience
- Knowledge of Workday or other HRIS system
- Knowledge of Workday or other applicant tracking system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Competency in English language (read, write, speak); excellent written, oral, and listening skills.
- Knowledge of adherence and administration of the regulations HR and employment law and of governmental agencies such as DOL, OSHA and EPA
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to think strategically while understanding the big picture
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and execute upon aggressive goals, objectives, and action items
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively present information to top management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, taste, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level is representative of a production environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Disability Assistance
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. EEO Considerations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.