At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard day's work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on.
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
• Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
• Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles.
• Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets.
• Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
• Verify computations against physical count of stock.
• Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
• Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
• May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with:
• Knowledge of machines and tools.
• Forklift experience preferred
• Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment.
• Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes.
• Ability to make repetitive movements, including, but not limited to, bending, or squatting.
Anixter strives to provide a safe, clean, and comfortable work environment for all employees. We are taking the COVID-19 Pandemic seriously and have put many measures in place to eliminate spread of COVID-19 within our workplace. This includes:
• Wearing a face mask, as determined by Anixter safety regulations or municipal law
• Following social distancing guidelines
• Regularly cleaning and sanitizing of work areas and common areas
• Temperature taking prior to entering the facility (where required, in some locations)
We offer an excellent pay and benefits that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days
• 401k with 50% company match up to 5%
• Vacation time and Holiday pay
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee Referral Program for referring great employees
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Click here to apply online
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded FORTUNE 500 holding company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) products, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistic services. Pro forma 2019 annual sales were approximately $17.2 billion, including Anixter International. The company employs approximately 18,900 people, maintains relationships with more than 30,000 suppliers, and serves more than 150,000 active customers worldwide. Customers include commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and utilities. WESCO operates 11 fully automated distribution centers and approximately 800 warehouse/branch locations in North America and more than 50 countries around the world, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
To see additional opportunities with Wesco, please visit their careers site at: www.wesco.com/careers