Zachry Group's piping department in St. Louis, MOis looking to build a pool oflocalSenior Piping Designers (Contract)who are interested in future opportunities with Zachry.This is a great opportunity to get involved in interesting and challenging design projects with long lasting clients.
• Prepare piping layouts and conceptual design for difficult complex problems
• Prepare complex piping design drawings
• Interface with other design disciplines
• Become proficient with 2D and 3D CAD capabilities, as required
• Check Complex Drawings
• Work independently with little or no supervision
• Perform squad check of vendor equipment drawings and drawing from other disciplines
• Assist the Piping Supervisor, as required
• Provide guidance and mentorship to lower-classification piping designers
• Communicate, both verbally and in written form in a professional manner
• Evaluate Performance Appraisal input and administer counseling
• Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals
• Participate, in piping department training programs/seminars
• Experience with Work Share techniques either domestic or international
• Assist Piping Design Leadership as requested
• Assist in the training and development of Piping Design Personnel
• Schedule of Interactive planning
• Man hour estimates
• Assist with Change Notices
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• High School diploma is required with additional broad specialized training equivalent to 2 years of college
• Be able to take field notes and sketches to develop IFC packages including pipe layouts, plan drawings, generate isometrics, bulk bill of materials, line lists, tie-in lists
• 10+ years of experience and knowledge in the design requirements for respective discipline as they apply to petrochemical, refining, pharmaceutical, or power plant construction projects
• Strong communication skills required to provide effective inter-discipline, client, vendor, and construction coordination on projects
• Strong Piping Design skills in accordance with Industry standards and codes
• Proficiency inAutoCAD Plant 3D or CADWorx, MS Office, Navisworks
• Minimum CADD Certificate
• P&ID walk down capable
• Overall understanding of technical disciplines and project execution.
• Research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills, project and time management skills.
• Commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives.
• Availability for field assignments involving travel to sites involving work in industrial facilities.
• Highly motivated with ability to work in an interactive and open team environment.
• Self-starter with initiative and ability to complete deliverables and tasks with minimal supervision.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prepare design calculations, technical documents, and drawings.
• Willingness to learn and work on a variety of tasks within multiple industries.
• Comply and understand Zachry Group's culture and philosophies including all business objectives and goals.
• Position requires a "Whatever It Takes" attitude and commitment.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work primarily in an office. On occasion, visit to operating plants and construction sites will be required with noise levels moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Sr. Piping Designer. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.