NGSP is looking for a Mission Ops Trainer who can provide key training developmental knowledge to Northrop Grumman's National Security Space programs. As a trainer, the selected candidate will be required to design and develop training material to support automated scenarios, mission exercises and certification check rides for the customer operations personnel. Other responsibilities include working with the Program Training Lead to identify training needs and develop training plans and curriculum such as reference guides, operational guides and evaluation tools. The MOPs Trainer will also work with systems engineers to ensure training curriculum and scenarios accurately represent current operational documentation used during on-orbit checkout and commissioning of satellites as well as during execution of primary mission(s). The MOPs Trainer may also support system development activities such as requirements management, architecture development, integration and test and formal program milestones. S/he will also be required to interface with program and customer personnel regularly. Occasional shift work may also be required for the position to stay mission proficient on console.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, education or related field with 2 Years of relevant experience or a Masters Degree.
- Developing and delivering training plans, classroom training curriculum, classroom material and training aids for technical subjects
- Planning & execution of real-time spacecraft commissioning activities for commercial, NASA and/or DoD space missions
- A basic understanding of space/ground system components and spacecraft subsystems
- Classroom instruction experience
- Current TS/SCI clearance required
- Designing and implementing training scenarios and requirements for training simulations; developing training requirements and operator certification requirements
- Space System simulator and test bed operations experience
- Detailed familiarity with space system operational documentation and procedures development
- Development and testing of real-time executable mission operations procedures and executable scripts
- Space system engineering activities such as requirements management, I&T, architecture, software development of flight/ground software
- Instructional System Design (ISD) development experience
- CONOPS understanding and familiarization
- Scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.) and/or Matlab; Agile development concepts
Salary minimum: $74,240
Salary maximum: $111,360
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 593547827Posted: 2021-02-25Job Title: Mission Operation Trainer