Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our Security Team. The Security Officer will be On-Call/Part-Time status with a flexible schedule.
This position is located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Responsibilities are as follows:
Patrol industrial premises to protect property and personnel against fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other hazards. Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure they are secure; observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property; inspects equipment and stores to ascertain if tampering has occurred; reports irregularities; sounds alarm; and permits authorized persons to enter property. Examines credentials of personnel desiring entrance to restricted areas. May be required to direct traffic on company premises. Must be able to operate a Security Patrol vehicle.
Information about part-time/on call jobs:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- On call officers average between 8-20 hours per week
- Part time officers average 20-32 hours per week
- Available hours are on first shift 7am-3pm, second shift 3pm-11pm, or graveyard 11pm-7am
- Initial training is approximately two weeks
- Training is available on all three shifts
- High School Diploma or GED and 2 years of security experience
- Current, active Security Clearance at the Secret level or an interim Secret Clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain special program access
- Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Valid United States Driver's License Preferred Qualifications:
- TS/SCI access
- Current California Guard Card
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.