Re-Opening Miscellaneous Employee Job Description
Characteristics of the Class: Temporary role under the supervision of the school Principal responsible for supervision of students and other related duties as required to support the return of students in our framework for reopening for the school year 2020-2021.
The Chicago Public Schools utilizes temporary part-time seasonal support in school-based positions. Duties are identified by the Principal following the application process. Positions require reliable workers who are able to provide support in areas as requested by administrators. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise students who are learning in person if classroom teacher is teaching remotely
- Assist in-person school staff with supervising students as needed
- Assist students with basic technology questions (e.g. logging onto CPS applications)
- Deliver supplies and/or equipment
- Contact parents/students
- Support with recess and/or lunch supervision
- Conduct health screening for students upon entrance
- Monitor and ensure social distancing in classrooms, hallways and bathrooms
- Ensure compliance with mask wearing protocols
- Support students' adherence to all CPS health & safety protocols
- Other non-instructional tasks
These positions will be opened at a rate of $15 per hour and will be 6.75 hours per day with an unpaid 45 minute lunch. These positions are not eligible for benefits.
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates are not required to live in Chicago.
Physical Requirements: Light Work: Exerting up to twenty (20) pounds of force occasionally, or up to ten (10) pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands include the ability to stoop occasionally, reach frequently, handle and finger objects occasionally, talk and hear constantly, frequent use of near visual acuity and occasional use of visual acuity
Our vision is that Every Chicago Public Schools student in every neighborhood will be engaged in a rigorous, well-rounded instructional program and will graduate prepared for success in college, career and life. Join us and help make this vision a reality.
Posting ID: 593548146Posted: 2021-02-11Job Title: Seasonal