Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 20 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Phoenix Ice Cream Plant has an opening for a Buyer Planner. This position is located at the Phoenix Ice Cream Plant, Phoenix AZ.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Buyer/Planner responsibilities, which includes developing production schedule to support our customers.
* Purchase packaging and ingredients to support the production schedule.
* Monitor inventories to minimize write offs.
* Maintain accuracy of inventory (packaging, raw ingredients and finished goods).
* Work with vendors for credit and returns of items out of spec.
* Work closely with shipping, quality, and production departments.
* Oversee new product roll outs and packaging transitions.
* Determine most cost-effective and efficient methods for ordering
* Trace and monitor purchase orders and invoices and effectively communicate with the Corporate sourcing and supervisor team on item availability, order lead-time and order status.
* Maintain files, records and documents related to all purchasing activities for future referencing.
* Utilize World Class / Lean Manufacturing techniques to drive operational results and performance measures.
* Coach and lead work teams to achieve performance, quality, cost and service goals.
* Ensure adherence to Albertsons policies, procedures and practices.
* Administrative duties related to production, shipping and quality performance.
* Design, monitor, and maintain a safe working environment.
* Maintain a high level of customer service for retail and public customers.
* Cultivate a positive and innovative work environment.
* 4-year college degree in Food Science, Management, Manufacturing or related field preferred.
* 3+ years' experience in direct supervision in a manufacturing environment preferred.
* Related work experience in a food manufacturing environment in Purchasing and/or Procurement preferred.
* Experience and understanding of the importance in maintaining an accurate inventory level and accuracy.
* Possess a comprehensive knowledge of purchasing, and understanding of lead-time impact to production and supply chain requirements.
* Ability to manage entire order to payment process.
* Understanding of manufacturing regulations regarding safety, quality, FSMA, HACCP and GMPs.
* Experience with plant safety programs.
* Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and team building skills.
* Proven ability to define performance measures related to the business and hold associates accountable for the same.
* Ability to analyze cost performance data to improve operations and reduce costs.
* Willingness to work in shift-work with varied days and rotation.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; in addition to automated purchasing programs.
* Must have personal integrity, flexibility, dependability, ability to work within policy guidelines and to work independently.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect. The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.