No Relocation Assistance Offered
#94426 - Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
The main purpose of this position is to craft and build applications and tools to address business requirements and simplify processes in the area of Finance. The role requires an experienced Full Stack Developer that will craft, develop and maintain frontend and backend Finance applications in SAP and non-SAP solution portfolios.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop web based applications, web services and APIs
- Understand concepts of business processes, industry practices, and technology of the Finance area
- Engage business partners to understand the challenges, opportunities and gather business requirements
- Research, perform data analysis, design and develop mock-up solutions
- Participate in the design and development of scalable software solutions
- Perform code reviews, corrections and testing
- Write technical and functional documentations including test scripts
- Collaborate with multi-functional groups in IT to understand end to end processes and solutions touchpoints / integration
- Present and communicate development status to key partners and decision makers
- Apply Colgate standards in project development methodology
- Support day to day business operations in Finance
- Coordinate activities of internal and/or external resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of software development experience
- Experience with Java and Python or equivalent object oriented programming and scripting language
- Experience in data modeling and database development using relational databases such as SQL
- Strong oral & written communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals, and technologies.
- Strong functional SAP knowledge in Finance and Controlling
- Strong desire to expand knowledge of SAP applications
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom's of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill's Science Diet and Hill's Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate's global business, visit the Company's web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill's Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom's of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.