Liberty University's hiring practices andEEOStatement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the "religion" component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.
BAS Controls Installation Tech I
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Building Automation Systems (BAS) Controls Installation Technician is responsible for the installation and termination of control components and materials neatly, and in, accordance with specifications. This is to include conduit, sensors, controllers, enclosures, sensor cable, and data transmission cable. TheBASControls technician will also be responsible for the basic configuration and commissioning of controllers, which may require the use of computer-based service tools and software; perform preventative maintenance and retro commissioning on existing systems. Working independently and exercising good judgment and discretion is essential to this job.
High school diploma orGED. Minimum of 2+ years of related experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. State Driver's license and insurable with the company's agent. Must be able to understand and follow instructions, and work under limited supervision. Must be able to work well with the public and co-workers and present a positive attitude. Exceptional self-management. Desire to work with a team to accomplish goals. Urgency to grow and improve. Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and strong computer skills are required. Clean and professional appearance. Must be courteous, detailed oriented. Self-motivated, diligent, trustworthy, possess strong organizational and planning skills and well-developed communication skills. Must be able to lift up to 50+ pounds and perform duties of theBASControls Installation trade in typical Virginia Climate. Certifications obtained while employed by Liberty University at the expense of the employer will be reimbursed back to the University upon voluntary termination (resignation) for the first 12 months after acquiring it.
1. As Essential Personnel you are expected to be available in the event of school closings, delays, shutdowns and any emergencies including clean up required because of severe weather incidents. Performs snow removal activities as assigned. Such as shoveling, salting, etc. Maintenance Technicians are essential to the overall success of Liberty University and its day-to-day functions, especially during ongoing campus events such as Winter Fest, orientations, Convocation, Commencement, andCFAW, summer camps, amongst other planned and unplanned events throughout the year.
2. Reports to work at the required time and performs duties as assigned by the Energy Management Supervisor and/or the Maintenance Manager.
3. Familiar with the standard concepts, practices and procedures of theBAS/ EM trade.
4. Skilled at reading diagrams, schematics, engineering specifications, and blueprints.
5. Knowledge and ability to install and terminate control components and materials neatly in accordance to specifications.
6. Ability to install and terminate conduit, sensors, controllers, enclosures, sensor cable, and data transmission cable.
7. Ability to work with hand tools and power tools.
8. Must be able to keep detailed records of the labor and materials used to complete tasks.
9. Must be able to provide detailed records of installed systems, suitable for use as the basis of digital "as-built" record drawings.
10. Ability to perform basic configuration and commissioning of controllers, which may require the use of computer-based service tools and software.
11. Performs preventative maintenance and retro commissioning on existing systems.
12. Working knowledge of electrical principles.
13. Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, Local, and University rules, regulations, electrical, building, and construction codes.
14. Must provide own hand tools to perform and complete trade related tasks.
15. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
16. Remains abreast of existing and emerging technologies, processes, products, services and leading industry performance benchmarks.
17. Works effectively as a team member, embracing and fostering LU's mission.
Communication and Comprehension
Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to convey clear, well articulated information.
Ability to understand, speak, and write English in order to convey messages and correspond in an articulate and professional manner.
Possess public communication skills that allow professional representation of Liberty University to a variety of business and community customers and associates.
Strong organizational skills.
Excellent computer skills.
Intuitively able to reason, analyze information and events, and apply judgment in order to solve problems of both a routine and complex nature.
Skilled inBASbest practices.
Physical and Sensory Abilities
Required travel to and from local, and off campus locations on a daily basis.
Occasionally required to sit for extended periods for computer-related tasks.
Required to be able stand and walk to move around campus for extended periods of time.
Must be able to lift 50+ pounds and perform duties of theBAS/EMNcraft indoor and outdoor in typical Virginia climate.
Must be able to work on weekends, holidays, and flexible daily hours as well as various evening hours when needed.
Ability to use the telephone and computer to communicate and follow written and verbal instructions.
Regularly required to hear and speak in order to effectively communicate orally.
Able to handle materials, reach overhead, kneel or stoop and work off ladders safely in order to conduct business.
The working environment in which one will typically perform the essential functions of this position includes construction sites, outdoor environments/ roofs, indoor renovation spaces, as well as climate-controlled office spaces and defined by the weather.
Use of one's personal vehicle (or LU vehicles) is required for travel in the performance of the essential functions of this position. Proof of a valid Virginia driver's license, an acceptableDMVrecord, and liability insurance is required.
Monday - Friday
07:00am - 03:30pm
Must be able to work on weekends, holidays, and flexible daily hours as well as various evening hours as needed.
Special Instructions for Applicants
Please fill out the application completely and do not leave any blanks.
Provide as much information about your past and current job experiences, education, certifications, etc. that would be beneficial or would apply to this job.
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Career Advancement Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)
- Pastoral Reference Letter