Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.Location/Division Specific Information:
How will you make an impact?
- Division: Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division
- Location: South San Francisco
You will be an integral part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team of scientists, engineers working towards cutting edge scientific solutions in Bioinformatics of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Representing software in program core team and interacting with colleagues from diverse functions such as molecular biologist, algorithm developers and product manager.
- Able to translate custom needs to software product requirements and product specifications. Able to track project timelines and complete all needed documentations.
- Developing test plans and test cases to verify and validate software product requirements and specifications.
- Algorithm testing for NGS data analysis pipelines.
- Developing verification tools to increase testing automation coverage.
- Troubleshooting for build deployment, resource management, and job scheduling and analysis pipeline.
- Leading a project and driving the project to completion.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- MS. or higher in Computer Science/engineering, Bioinformatics, Biomedical engineering, Statistics, EE or related fields, and 5+ Years related experience.
- Diverse knowledge and experiences of developing NGS applications.
- Experiences of bioinformatics tools and algorithms used in NGS analysis.
- Experiences in software design and development. Good understanding of software testing best-practices.
- Software development skills and experience with Java, Python, Perl with 5+ year experience.
- Strong expertise on Linux/Unix environment.
- Experiences of relational database.
- Demonstrated leadership in leading project completion. Good communication skills with scientists, engineers and software developers.
- Must be detail oriented and self-driven.
- Java programming skills in highly desired.
- Hands-on experience with software automation testing.
- Experiences with NoSQL database.
- Experiences with Software production tools (IDE, source control, and document tracking) and Test Management.
- Product development and / or industry experience in a multi-disciplinary Biotech environment is a plus.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 593557500Posted: 2021-03-11Job Title: Staff Scientist Bioinformatic