An opportunity exists for an experienced sales professional in the Laboratory Products Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position offers the right candidate a key position as a Specialty Representative and will provide opportunities for career development and growth. The position is ideally located in a major US city in the Southeast region.How will you make an impact?
The Liquid Handling Specialist is part of the Laboratory Products Division which unites deep scientific expertise, a collaborative culture and rich resources to deliver the lab equipment and consumables that our customers need to achieve their scientific goals - quickly, reliably and safely. Our smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our customers to focus on what matters most - delivering answers and innovations that save and improve lives.
The Ideal candidate will enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing them with state of the art laboratory consumables solutions.What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Drive revenue growth for manual liquid handling and automated consumable product segments.
- Demonstrate technical product knowledge to effectively match our product capabilities to the customer's needs and then, in close cooperation with our field representatives, remove all competitive obstacles to finalize an order for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Ensure assigned field representatives are trained to sufficient level; focus on working with representatives in key and strategic accounts.
- Provide field demonstration, sales and training support on current and future products.
- Set-up joint travel days with field representatives to increase their awareness of pipette tip and pipettor product applications and potential opportunities.
- Conduct technical seminars on a regular basis.
- Prepares and plans a schedule that maximizes interaction with prospective customers.
- Provide field technical advice and application feasibility regarding the proper use and performance of products to regional team members.
- Ability to conduct product seminars for large groups of customers on a regular basis.
- Assist Channel Sales Representatives on assigned product lines in the territory by training, solving problems, joint calls, product shows, etc.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve product knowledge and sales techniques.
- Provide routine feedback related to technology and customer needs to support new product development.
- Prepares expense reports, call reports, monthly reports and forecasts as requested by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Manages all logistics associated with completing a successful final product installation and customer training as required.
- Complete after sale follow-up with the customer to ensure satisfaction with our product performance. Coordinate service assistance as required.
- Attends tradeshows and represents company as requested by the Specialist Sales Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in the Life Sciences preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience working in a laboratory with technical instruments preferred
- Experience in delivering effective technical presentations to scientific researcher
- Research laboratory applications experience required
- A thorough understanding of the sales cycle and sales cycle management.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive communications abilities
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as an individual contributor.
- Ability to sell products to multiple customer levels within an organization.
- Proven success at developing strong customer relationships
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong desire to succeed and ability to execute on multiple tasks
- Proficiency in PC software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com CRM application)Willingness to travel extensively to accomplish assigned objectives (40% or greater)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Posting ID: 593557619Posted: 2020-12-31Job Title: Liquid Handling Specialist