What you will do
This is a great role to make the transition from a Public Accounting role (Senior Analyst or similar) to the Corporate setting (we are also interested in candidates with prior corporate experience).
This position's primary responsibility is the Company's monthly corporate consolidation close process and the production of financial statements. The position also advises the Company's business units on their monthly close and consolidation process.
How you will do it
- Coordinates the collection and consolidation of monthly financial results from all Company business units. Analyses consolidated results to ensure accuracy, proper elimination of inter and intra company accounts.
- Ensures compliance with the Company's accounting policies & procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepares the Company's consolidated monthly financial statements for distribution to corporate management, the Board of Directors and Audit Committee.
- Prepares the Company's quarterly earnings press release, financial statements and notes to the financial statements.
- Prepares earnings per share calculation and other financial measures used in the monthly financial statements.
- Prepares share-based compensation information on a monthly basis for recording in the financial statements.
- Prepares the Company's monthly cash flow statement and free cash flow summary
- Designs, updates, implements and ensures proper documentation of internal control procedures in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Section 404.
- Provides internal and external auditors with information required to perform annual audits and quarterly reviews.
- Prepares the Company's monthly external segment results calculation.
- Prepares assigned 10-K and 10-Q disclosure information.
- Conducts special studies and analysis as directed.
- Responsible for advising business units on accounting for special transactions and providing general GAAP and consolidations guidance.
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- CPA certification desired, but not required.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, consolidations, and financial reporting.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant in public accounting or private industry.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and a drive to achieve both short and long term results.
- Excellent teaming and communication skills.
- Ability to meet firm deadlines.
- Detail oriented and commitment to, and understanding of, the importance of reporting accurate figures.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks.
- Computer competency with familiarity with a variety of application software.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Posting ID: 593557780Posted: 2021-01-28Job Title: Lead Corporate Accountant