What you will do
Project Managers are responsible for managing fire alarm, security, communications and installation projects in commercial, educational, healthcare and industrial facilities, positively representing the company in all client and architect/engineer interactions. The PM oversees and communicates project progression from inception to completion including design, permits, material delivery, labor schedules, and field installation. Develops a comprehensive project plan to meet schedules and budgets. Conducts Work in Progress meetings. Understands and follows all published codes, standards, and unique project specifications. Ensures AHJ requirements and departmental/SOX procedures are followed. Convey a sense of professionalism, fairness, and concern for customers, labor and management. Coordinates change orders and drives toward overall margin improvement on every job. How you will do it
What we look for
- Methodology - Understanding of Project Management methodology and key knowledge areas: Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk and Procurement Management.
- Communication/Coordination - Responsible for communication and status reporting to project staff, customer and management.
- Responsible for work plan, managing project resources, duty assignment, responsibilities, scope of authority and provides technical advice and problem resolution to all aspects of project.
- Fiscal - Responsible for tracking projects expenditures and installation progress through reviews of status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules of plans as required. Maintains full financial accountability to project; requires ability to forecast financial trends across project, ability to understand internal and external client cost structures and integrate, or translate to/from Johnson Controls accounting methodology using AIA standards.
- Quality - Maintain full accountability to project quality; conducting inspections of work site, ensuring workmanship meets installation required quality standards and expectations.
- Customer Service - Provide responsive, concise, and professional support to all customers and other personnel and ensures timely follow-up on all customer concerns and issues.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business or equivalent field.
- Two to Five years fire protection, construction, alarm/detection, or related project management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among assignments with a strong adherence to deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, both with internal and external customers.
- Possess a strong and active working knowledge of Microsoft software.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with employees and customers in difficult situations.
- Ability to travel to projects in Massachusetts and New Hampshire for day trips. Overnight travel is very rare.
- Knowledge of NFPA and IEC standards, Underwriter's requirements and applicable building codes preferred.
- NICET Level II or higher preferred
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Posting ID: 593557807Posted: 2021-01-28Job Title: Field Project Manager