In 1971, a small shop on South Congress Avenue in Austin, Texas was home to a single, one-of-a-kind sandwich. The menu was succinct: one delectable sandwich composed of a unique combination of premium meats, cheeses, and marinated black olives served on hot Schlotzsky's sourdough bread. From humble origins, The Original® created a passionate customer following.
Now close to 40 years later, Schlotzsky's is an international franchise restaurant chain with locations in 35 states and four foreign countries.
Food Prep Associate
Schlotzsky’s ® Associates are empowered with the task of delivering high quality made to order foods and providing a clean and healthy eating environment for our guests. Associates are trained to work in one or more stations in the restaurant. Emphasis is placed on “teamwork” and all Associates are expected to accept assignments and follow leadership direction to contribute to the success of the team on a daily basis.
- Prep Station
- Meat and Cheese Station
- Finish Station
- Pizza Station
- Soup & Salad Station
- Accurately slice vegetables, meats, and cheeses in quantities shown on daily PAR sheets.
- Wear cutting glove when slicing meats.
- Cover and store vegetables, meats, and cheeses at proper temperatures.
- Follow recipes and read customer tickets to accurately prepare all orders.
- Be extremely accurate with weights and measurements for all recipe items.
- Work at a pace to maintain restaurant’s established speed of service guidelines.
- Keep workstation clean at all times.
- Must be at least 18 years of age in order to operate certain kitchen equipment.
- Essential functions of the position include, but is not limited to:
- Lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Lifting a 33 gallon trash bag from trash container.
- Standing and walking throughout a scheduled shift.
- Bending, stretching and kneeling to reach certain products or clean certain areas of the restaurant.
- Performing repetitive hand and arm motions.
- Certain job functions require ability to perform repetitive slicing motions with a sharp knife.
- Certain job functions require ability to handle hot food by hand for several seconds at a time, throughout a scheduled shift.
- Must adhere to strict safety and sanitation standards.
- Report to work timely for each scheduled shift.
- Arrive and depart from work meeting all uniform and grooming standards.
- Must become familiar with and adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
Posting ID: 59361692Posted: 2019-12-14