Water Treatment Service Technician
Central Massachusetts Area
BEME Water System Solutions, Inc.
dba: Gurney Water Treatment NE
Gurney is a regional company that offers innovative water treatment programs for Cooling Towers, Steam Boilers, Process Water Systems, Hydronic Heating and Cooling systems as well as Wastewater Treatment Facilities. We are committed to the highest levels of Customer Service and offer technically superior products and services.
Our Service Technicians call on established accounts and prospective clients for the purpose of maintaining our customer base. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of chemical pails to customer locations or company technical specialists/area managers when necessary.
- Calling on existing accounts for the purpose of conducting analytical field tests of water samples, providing computer driven written documentation of all services and communicating results to the customer.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with key personnel.
- Troubleshooting technical and site-specific program issues (with team help if needed) and taking corrective actions.
- Aiding in the pursuit of new business opportunities with existing and prospective customers.
- Performing routine maintenance on chemical feed and control systems and chemical feed pumps (and minor PVC plumbing when needed).
- Experience in and mastery of this position can eventually lead to moving into Technical Specialist and Area Manager positions.
- Successful candidate will be self-motivated with an ability to generate and maintain high quality service.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Should have the ability to identify issues, develop practical solutions and communicate these solutions with customers.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate will have working knowledge of fundamental service practices and in the use of personal computers, tablets and smart phones.
- Should have the ability to deal with people at all organizational levels.
- Optimally will have Two to Five years prior water treatment or HVAC related experience, but will train the right candidate.
- Preferably (but not necessary) will have College level knowledge/experience acquired through the attainment of an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience, in one of the natural, physical or engineering sciences.
- Occasional travel outside of service area.
- Employee may be required to drive both short and long distances.
- Employee may be required to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Job may require long hours and a varied work schedule.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift pails that weigh up to 50 pounds and carry them up several flights of stairs during deliveries of products and equipment.
- Working areas will include boiler rooms, mechanical rooms and process facilities as well as outdoor locations that may be loud and require safety precautions.
- Employee will be required to use appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (provided by the company) such as, but not limited to, safety glasses, hearing protection and gloves.
BEME offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Health Insurance, paid holidays and vacation, 401K program, opportunities for continued education, training and mileage/expense reimbursement. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting ID: 593751229Posted: 2021-03-05