Job Title:Software Developer, SME RAILS in Cloud (TS/SCI w/Poly)
Clearance required:TS/SCI with polygraph
What you'll get to do in this role:
As ourSoftware Developer, SMEsupporting the customer, you will be supporting the customer, you will support a project written in Java and being rewritten in RAILS moving to a cloud environment. Developer would also be responsible for O&M of at least 2-3 other RAILS and/or Java applications. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Candidate will be trusted to understand the technical and functional design requirements related to the Ruby on Rails Platform.
- The systems aid analysts in solving complex analytical problems. This is a unique opportunity for a developer to design and develop mission applications and lead small projects. The candidate would have the opportunity to develop applications with varying degrees of scale, risk, and complexity.
- In this role, you duties may include serving as the technical lead for the design, testing and implementation of complex applications, complex web application layouts, content and user interfaces and/or database project.
- Work location in Herndon, VA.
What you need to bring to the table:
Years of Experience: Senior Minimum of 13+ years related experience.
Education:Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience (16+ years).
Demonstrate skills and experience requirements from all of the following:
- The developer consults with clients to develop complex user requirements.
- Translates user requirements form a formal requirements document into an application and/or database design.
- Writes interfaces to companion applications or databases.
- Writes necessary code.
- Ensuring interoperability with other applications.
- Provides extensive technical advice and guidance to applications developers and other members of the team.
- Generates comprehensive test plans to ensure that adequate unit, system, and integration testing is performed.
- Oversees unit/functional testing and transitioning the complex application and/or database to production.
- Generates comprehensive test plans to ensure that adequate unit, system, and integration testing is performed
- Demonstrated experience working as a Software Developer on a larger team, developing complex applications with a larger customer base and approving the work of or guiding lesser experienced developers as a technical lead on web development projects. That experience should include state-of-the are cloud-based, programming, coding and scripting processes, tools and solutions in a rapid prototyping, DevOps style environment.
- Demonstrated experience with DEVOPS, and Test Driven Development (TDD). Experience in tools to include GIT, Jenkins, Rundeck, Maven, and Nexus.
- Demonstrated/academic/training experience with and understanding of Agile methodology, SOA architectures, information sharing and collaboration technologies (wiki/blog), and MS Office.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in contributing to program documentation, such as System Security Plans or related documents.
- Demonstrated experience using automation to deploy applications to a cloud infrastructure using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Ruby or Python code (Power Shell, Cron).
- Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated on-the job experience with the Sponsor's development platform (RAILS is the preferred technology).
Who are we?Ardent Eagle Solutions (AES), a dynamic and growing company'recipient of the 2019 Inc. 5000-- supporting critical U.S. Intelligence Community and DoD customers in the U.S and around the world is looking to expand its NoVA office with multiple openings. If you want to be a part of mission critical programs that has the potential life span of over five years and is at the heart of big data and analytical tools for the customer, then this program is for you. AES has been helping our customers meet their challenges by offering expert services in systems development, field IT operations, software development, network engineering, PMO support, cloud engineering, and data management/analysis. We are a leading VA certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) focused on the success and growth of our employees, maintaining the family feel and nimble responsiveness of a smaller company, while providing outstanding support to our customers and their missions for over seven years.
Where we are going?AES is anticipating multiple new programs throughout the first half of 2020. All these programs involve challenging positions in high-end IT and data programs that will directly support mission partners. We are looking for the best to be a part of new programs from the ground up where you can have a lasting impact on the Customers' needs.
If our position is of interest let us connect to discuss the Ardent winning culture and how we can partner together.
At Ardent Eagle Solutions, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and their families:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Continuing Education/Training Assistance
- Paid Time Off (Enhanced)
This job description is intended to describe the general scope of work and level of work that is needed to perform while on task. Other duties may be assigned.
Ardent Eagle Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer