United States of America Location:
HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA Role Overview:
The Value Stream Leader (VSL) for Flight Deck and Electronic Flight Bag Applications is accountable for the full product life cycle value stream of a number of products/services from pursuit to order capture, design and development, produce/implement to delivery, service and support, and retirement. The VSL will set the roadmap and execution for a line of services at Collins IMS and to develop those applications for a connected ecosystem (focused on pilots and flight crews). Application hosting and delivery to connect over any connectivity, whether on the ground or onboard the aircraft. The role is the face and owner of the business associated with these services. This role has profit & Loss (P&L) responsibility for a specified value stream or group of value streams within a business segment or portfolio.Primary Responsibilities:
- Accountable for full product life cycle value stream of relevant services: pursuit to order capture, design and development, produce/implement to deliver, service and support, and retirement.
- Accountable for strategic and financial planning for responsible services.
- Accountable for achieving global service Profit & Loss: revenue, cost, and gross margin targets as defined in plan.
- Develop and maintain a product road map that defines feature development and investment. Should integrate with strategic and financial plans.
- Work with Program Management, Engineering, Sales, Finance, and other stakeholders to ensure success.
- Set global pricing for responsible services.
- Will require managing investment for new services or additional features for existing services.
- May prepare pursuit and order capture strategies including most important requirements, competitive face-off, customer contact plans and related action planning.
- Visit airlines and work with customer facing roles (Sales, Regional Product Specialists) to understand the value of services in the market and drive changes.
- Actively engage in relevant industry events.
- Work with Engineering to drive technology engagement that is relevant to the services. Track market and technology developments that impact the service lines.
- Maintain a firm understanding of the competitive position of the responsible services within the market.
- Work with Program Management for the execution of major capital development projects
- Experience working in relevant field preferred (aviation, airlines, supporting technology/service providers, etc.).
- Experience working for an airline dispatch and onboard applications is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Meteorological background for enhancing ground based and onboard applications preferred
- Demonstrates business acumen (go to market; accounting and financial principles; organizational discipline; process orientation; risks and opportunities management; etc.).
- Experience in relevant technologies: applications, public cloud, software as a service, IP aircraft connectivity and protocols (ACARS, SATCOM, cellular), EFBs, aircraft interface devices, etc.
- Ability to think critically and creatively.
- History of collaboration and communication.
- Travel up to 20%. May vary.
- Understanding of the commercial aviation industry, airlines, and connected aircraft.
- Shows understanding of airline operations (Flight Ops, Tech Ops, IT) and the problems solved and created by connected aircraft.
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR an Advanced degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility. WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms