United States of America Location:
HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant
who will be involved in tax reporting, reviewing day to day transactions for tax compliance issues, and meeting with program leads to ensure tax compliance issues are addressed and resolved timely. You will also work closely with external advisors regarding the Company's international financial tax reporting and compliance, including VAT compliance and reporting. You will also be responsible for working with other members of the corporate tax department in implementing corporate tax policy as needed. In addition, you will also have minimum responsibilities pertaining to tax and ledger accounting and reporting. You will report to the Associate Director of Accounting and Reporting. **Position is open to working remote**Responsibilities
- Responsible for monthly tax accruals including recording of month-end journal entries and reconciliations.
- Perform month-end, quarter-end and year-end tax reporting deliverables process and ensures timely completion and accuracy.
- Investigate unusual or complex tax topics and adjustments.
- Partner with key contacts at various levels of the organization, including corporate and external advisors.
- Develop and document standard work procedures surround tax compliance and tax health checks.
- Report, monitor and coordinate VAT filings, including setting up VAT compliance as new relationships between countries occur.
- Resolve various VAT related issues by working closely with corporate and external advisors
- Act as liaison with outside consultants to gather data and prepare returns
- Assist with management of property tax audits and calculating provisions for property tax.
- Perform tax research and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of tax law and regulations applicable to the Company's business
- Assist in ensuring that all tax procedures are in compliance with SOX 404 rules
- Assist/Lead with other special tax and general accounting projects, as needed
- Perform duties independently and with minimum supervision
- Resolve Tax system related to tax documentation on Purchase and Sales Orders
- Assist/Lead with Ad-hoc requests and tax projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent discipline and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Experience in tax research and demonstrated understanding of federal and state corporate tax law and regulations.
- MS Office experience (Excel, Word): VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Pivot Tables
- Enterprise accounting systems experience
- Able to resolve complex problems involving people, process and program issues.
- Able to travel 5% domestically and internationally (when current circumstance permit)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- 3+ years corporate tax and/or accounting experience, including multi-state, or public accounting experience
- International VAT experience
- SAP experience
- Able to communicate, train and make presentations to a diverse audience and senior leadership.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace's Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world's newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we're not stopping there: we're working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we're pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey? Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success
. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility. WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms