We are Aaron's - an industry leader in the sales and lease-to-own retail industry known for quality brand names and superior customer service. We provide our team members the opportunity to reach their full potential in a team-oriented, high-energy, recognition-based environment with competitive pay and benefits. This is much more than a job - it is a career with purpose. About Aaron's Tech:
In recent years, we've been on a journey to transform our business model with technology. We're not the slow, old-fashioned retailer you think we are. We used to be, but those days are long gone. In fact, we don't even think of Aaron's as a retail company. Instead, we think of Aaron's as a technology company that happens to sell and lease furniture, electronics and appliances. This way of thinking has demanded a massive shift in who we hire, how we organize and lead our teams, and how we deliver our technology and services. It's simple: we hire smart people who are motivated by delivering big, impactful results, we point them at big problems to solve, and we get out of their way. We believe our technology team is unique and special, and after learning about us, we believe you will think so too. Find out more at http://tech.aarons.com/.
As aQuality AssuranceAnalyst,you will assist the organization in improving quality across systems and processes through critical thinking, and leveraging Lean and DevOps methodologies. The analyst will write and execute test cases based on business and technical requirements. The successful candidate understands the importance of speed to delivery and is able to identify improvement opportunities through automation.The Quality Assurance Analyst reports directly to the QA Manager and plays a key role in conducting QA and performance testing across a variety of systems. This role is responsible for all testing phases, integration systems testing, user acceptance testing, data validation/testing and performance/load testing. Duties and Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
- Initiate and complete all aspects of testing.
- Develop and execute detailed test plans and strategies based on technical and business requirements.
- Test both enterprise and web-based solutions with the mindset of an end-user.
- Execute moderately complex test scripts and document results to communicate issues found with software developers and product managers.
- Work closely with product teams to assist with documentation of systems, software, and interfaces.
- Share QA knowledge and best practices across all team members.
- Identify opportunities to improve speed of delivery through automation.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years testing applications in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with automated and performance testing.
- Experience and proficiency in UX testing.
- Experience writing basic to intermediate SQL queries and understanding of SQL database objects.
- Experience working with teams using CI/CD tools and methodologies.
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior associates, specifically with QA methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to write clear and concise test cases.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and processes used in software testing (i.e. manual, functional, regression, and integration).
- Working knowledge and understanding of version control systems (i.e. Git, SVN).
- Demonstrate ability to understand backend processes; namely, underlying database structures.
- Ability to objectively review and qualify data - be able to provide data required for developers to research and rectify issues.
- Ability to see 'code' and have an understanding of what it means.
- Innovative - willing to think outside the box.
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Must be able to Multi-task effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron's we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron's for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career - our ability to positively influence people's lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today. Aaron's is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members' differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer