Providence is calling a Registered Nurse - Clinical Transplant Coordinator (PSHI Adv Heart Disease And Transplant, Days, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and Children's Hospital in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable. *This is position is full-time, exempt (salaried).
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system.In this position you will:
Qualifications :Required qualifications for this position include:
- The Clinical Transplant Coordinator demonstrates understanding and ability to facilitate and coordinate evaluation and OPTN/UNOS listing of potential heart transplant candidates.
- The Heart Transplant Coordinator will demonstrate knowledge and the ability to monitor and coordinate care of the candidate awaiting organ transplantation. It is imperative that the coordinator maintains knowledge of CMS/UNOS policies and department procedures to ensure required documentation is completed.
- Exhibits knowledge and ability to facilitate transplant process when organ becomes available to transplant candidate. This includes defining and adhering to the current OPTN/UNOS regulations and allocation policies.
- Participates in transplant process according to transplant center protocol. Communicates with the organ procurement agency and collects the appropriate data necessary for decision making regarding organ acceptance/refusal for transplant
- Assists with procurement activities and acts as a liaison between the donor and recipient transplant teams.
- Demonstrates understanding of post-transplant management including medications, complications, interventions and discharge planning in the coordination of recipient care. The Heart Transplant Coordinator demonstrates the ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary team.
- Maintains awareness of national transplant issues and policies, adheres to the standards of practice established by the North American Transplant Coordinators Organization (NATCO) and represents Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center's Heart Transplant Program locally, regionally, and nationally
- Utilizing the Nursing Process provides on-going assessment of patient's knowledge and understanding of transplant medications and self- care needs based on age related principles. Discusses significant issues with transplant team members.
- Outreach clinics: prepare for and participate in outreach clinics across the Pacific Northwest.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington.
- Remains up to date on UNOS/OPTN and CMS regulations.
- Obtains and maintains Certified Clinic Transplant Coordinator (CCTC) certification.
About the ministry you will serve.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field.
- 3 years current experience in Cardiology nursing, including transplantation.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
Posting ID: 594454366Posted: 2021-03-01