Providence is calling a Pharmacy Technician I (1.0 FTE, Evening Shift) to work at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
Performs duties relating to the filling and dispensing of unit dose, IV and chemotherapeutic medications from the pharmacy to the nursing units and other ancillary departments in a prompt, safe and accurate manner. Performs all duties in a manner that promotes teamwork and reflects the Sisters of Providence Mission and Philosophy.In this position you will:
Qualifications :Required qualifications for this position include:
- Accurately fills medication stock requisitions for departments and clinics.
- Repackages liquids, injectables and oral medications using proper labeling procedure and following legal requirements.
- Fills and prepares medications and IV solutions accurately.
- Delivers medications in a timely manner and to the proper nursing area as established by urgent priority and/or workflow schedule.
- Consistently uses aseptic technique when compounding IV solutions.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Technician Level A training program certified by the Washington State Board of Pharmacy or equivalent educ/experience
- 3 months Practical experience in a hospital pharmacy under the direct supervision of pharmacist.
- Experienced in IV admixture/aseptic techniques.
- Active WA Pharmacy Technician license from the Washington State Department of Health (PHTECHL).
- Current Pharmacy Technician National Certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) with in 90 days of hire.
About the hospital you will serve.
- 1 year hospital pharmacy experience.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
Posting ID: 594454480Posted: 2021-02-15Job Title: Technician