We Are Hiring
AMITA Health Mercy Medical Center Aurora
AMITA Health Mercy Medical Center Aurora has built a legacy of caring for the community and its residents. Founded in 1911, AMITA Health Mercy Aurora is a full-service hospital with a Level II Trauma Center, a Primary Stroke Center, and a state-of-the-art outpatient surgery center with minimally invasive robotics technology. We provide comprehensive care in a wide range of medical areas, including our renowned heart and vascular care for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of heart disease. What You Will Do
Provide security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
What You Will Need
- Perform proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigate, document and manage security incidents and hazards.
- Maintain knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans.
- May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Train and mentor staff on environment of care and emergency management processes and procedures.
- Provide information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Provides for traffic and parking enforcement within campus area and participates in foot and vehicle patrols.
- Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Operates vehicle in a safe and responsible manner to avoid accidents and traffic or parking violations.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Drivers License credentialed from the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles (IL-DMV) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Security Guard credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation preferred.
- Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC) card preferred.
Why Join Our Team
- High school diploma or GED required.
AMITA Health, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. With more than 900 providers in its medical groups, 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners, AMITA Health serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body, mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being. We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.