We Are Hiring
AMITA Health Saint Joseph Medical Center Joliet
AMITA Health Saint Joseph Medical Center Joliet is one of Chicagoland's top hospitals according to Chicago Magazine, with multiple specialties ranked by U.S. News and World Report. Our 480-bed facility includes a nationally recognized heart and vascular program that can handle even the most complex procedures, as well as one of the nation's leading cancer centers, three Healing Arts Pavilion treatment centers, and a high-capacity Level II emergency and trauma center. What You Will Do
Perform therapeutic and diagnostic procedures providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
What You Will Need
- Maintain and operate cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Position patients and select anatomic and technical factors accurately
- Order, prepare, administer, and dispose of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers, and patient data/history)
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning.
- Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly department.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Nuclear Medicine credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Any specialty accepted for Radiologic Technologist issued by ARRT. Radiology Tech licensure issued by the IL Emergency Mgmt Agency required in combination with Radiologic Tech registration through American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Why Join Our Team
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
AMITA Health, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. With more than 900 providers in its medical groups, 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners, AMITA Health serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body, mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being. We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.