We Are Hiring
AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center La Grange
At AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center La Grange, we focus on providing expert, compassionate, faith-based care in the respective Catholic and Adventist traditions for patients. Our state-of-the-art, 196-licensed-bed facility offers the latest in emergency medical and surgical care (including da Vinci Robotic Assisted Surgery), medical lab and imaging services heart and vascular care, cancer care, orthopedic and neurological care, women's services, access to top specialists and much more. What You Will Do
Transport patients, specimens and equipment throughout the facility.
What You Will Need
- Transport patients via wheelchair, stretcher or bed to designated sites as requested, including patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips, monitors and other equipment.
- Assist patients with entering and exiting vehicles, including transfer from or to wheelchairs or stretchers.
- Deliver equipment and specimens to requesting staff or department. May assist staff with removal of deceased bodies from units and transport to morgue.
- Greet and provide information and direction to patients and visitors.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
Why Join Our Team
- High school diploma or GED required.
AMITA Health, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. With more than 900 providers in its medical groups, 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners, AMITA Health serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body, mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being. We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.