Our team at Life Care Center of Lewiston, Idaho, is proud to have earned the 2020 Bronze National Quality Award from the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living. The award honors nursing homes across the nation for their excellence and commitment to improving quality of care for seniors. It is a mark of distinction reflecting on each of our associates and their spirit of teamwork. We are always looking for great talent to join our award-winning team as we reach for new heights!
The RN Staff Development Coordinator plans, organizes, develops, and directs all in service education in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must possess a nursing diploma (associate's or bachelor's degree in nursing)
- Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- One (1) year geriatric nursing experience preferred
- Teaching/education experience preferred
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Must have the desire and ability to effectively train and educate all nursing associates and other associates as applicable
- Must have expert knowledge in field of practice
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to plan, develop, direct, conduct, evaluate, and coordinate staff training, education, in service, and orientation
- Must maintain associate training and in service records
- Must be able to perform functions of a staff nurse as required
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting ID: 594460932Posted: 2020-12-21