FTR- Full Time
Tuesday through Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
Now is the time to join our team! Brightview Senior Living was just awarded our 'Great Places to Work' certification for another year!
We are committed to providing a safe work environment for every position:
- Temperature screenings
- Monitoring associate and resident health
- PPE for associates that require it
- CDC directed protocols
Creates a vibrant living environment by engaging residents in a variety of activities to stimulate and support spiritual, physical, intellectual, cultural and emotional wellness.Essential job duties include the following:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrates the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of spiritual, physical, intellectual, cultural, and emotional programming for residents that is consistent with Brightview standards and focused on residents' unique needs and interests.
- Promotes and communicates upcoming community events and opportunities to residents, families, and associates.
- Takes ownership of timely set up and breakdown for events, including preparing materials, effective staging, and coordination with other departments.
- Consistently engages with residents to identify their preferences, hobbies, curiosities, needs, and interests; recommends programming and connections accordingly.
- Drives community vehicles and/or accompanies residents to and from outside activities and appointments to ensure residents' engagement and safety.
- Participates in developing professional communication pieces such as newsletters, emails to families, and daily event postings, to promote community events and share success stories.
- Assists to develop, organize and ensure delivery of the community's monthly newsletter to residents.
- Participates in and attends all required in-service training and education programs as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities in this position.Essential Skills, Experience and Talents:
- One to three years' experience in a customer service oriented role and a four year college degree in gerontology, teaching, hospitality, or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in MS Office Suite, audiovisual technology, and web applications; ability to quickly master new technology and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly connect with diverse individuals and to engage and motivate others.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer orientation to older adults.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Must possess an approved DOT physical or ability to get one prior to hire. (start date may be delayed to obtain)
- Must be 21 or older and possess a valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing.
We are proud to share that by the end of March 2021 Brightview will have completed the first round of free vaccine clinics at all of our communities to reduce the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19. To this end, we will require any new associate be vaccinated at a future date once COVID-19 vaccines are more widely available to the general public. Vaccines are free with no out of pocket expense to the associate and accommodations for medical and religious exemptions will be reviewed.
Posting ID: 594462802Posted: 2021-02-15