Reporting to the Employee & Labor Relations Manager, the Employee and Labor Relations Specialist is a mid-level professional human resources position. The successful individual will be expected to perform basic to intermediate human resources functions and assignments including but not limited to employee relations, labor relations, internal investigations, answering general questions related to HR, and consulting with managers on human resources matters at Horseshoe Baltimore. Working knowledge of basic labor and employment laws is required. Essential Job Functions:
- Assists management in identifying and resolving employment-related questions/concerns while maintaining and respecting confidential information.
- Conducts thorough internal investigations with employees and identifies appropriate resolution including performance consequences for investigations.
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation on all investigations in an organized filing system.
- Ensures timely and effective responses to employee relations issues through employee and management counseling, and preventative problem solving with department management
- Ensures compliance and completion of ADA interactive and accommodation process. Works with Employee Service Center to ensure tracking reports for Leave of Absence(s) are updated and distributed to management team.
- Works with internal and external legal resources to investigate and respond to government agency claims including, but not limited to EEOC, Department of Labor, and/or National Labor Relations Board.
- Ensures all legal documentation is read, responded to in a timely and accurate manner. All legal matters are maintained in organized filing system.
- Administers unemployment claims administration process and participates in and schedules parties for unemployment hearings.
- Assist Employee Relations manager with administration of collective bargaining agreements.
- Ensure property has updated Federal & State Employment/Labor Law Posters.
- Receives subpoena requests and responds thoroughly and promptly.
- Processes grievances and provides arbitration support, interpreting and ensuring compliance with the provisions of the collective bargaining agreements
- Conducts exit interviews. Monitors departmental metrics to identify turnover trends and makes recommendations for positive change. Participates in employee retention programs and makes recommendations on how to reduce employee turnover (overall and less than 90 days).
- Assists in performance management initiative ensuring leadership team is trained on coaching, corrective actions and performance review process.
- Provides training, education and counseling to the workforce on HR practices, policies and guidelines including programs such as new hire orientation, performance management programs, and other critical HR topics.
- Establishes credibility and trust with all levels of employees by developing professional working relationships.
- Ensures team maintains compliance with all policies and procedures, collective bargaining requirements and employment/labor laws.
- Tracks open/closed investigations and other legal matters in a timely and organized manner.
- Coordinates and facilitates the Board of Review program, and assists in devising action plan and/or recommendations
- Responds to calls to the Ethics line promptly in order to address employee concerns through a corporate hotline.
- Ensures HR property-wide visibility
Qualifications: ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS Qualifications:
Education and Work Experience:
- Available to work various shifts and a flexible schedule.
- Previous labor relations experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of labor and employment laws required
- Proficiency required in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience in Access preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Able to take ownership of project through completion.
- Must have multi-tasking abilities.
- Must have decision making abilities.
- Able to react quickly and efficiently to newly presented demands.
- Desire to collaborate and partner with team.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Able to maintain a positive attitude while performing within stressful situations and handling complex emotional issues.
- Ability to use deductive reasoning and analytical/critical thinking when working with departments on investigations, including sensitive issues such as harassment and/or violence
- Requires the ability to incorporate creative and innovative approaches to various projects by taking initiative and working independently.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or business-related field.
- Two to five years Human Resources experience required.
- Two years Labor Relations/Employee Relations experience in hotel/casino environment.
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time (4 hours).
- Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property and from floor to floor either by stairways (minimum of 20 steps), elevator, or escalator.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.; and, have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing dust, loud noises and bright lights.
- Ability to speak distinctly and persuasively.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, job offers will be contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment drug testing, background checks, and applicable Ohio Casino Control Commission licensing requirements.
Caesars Entertainment is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status Disclaimer
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Posting ID: 594463138Posted: 2021-03-08