The Forklift Operator is primarily responsible for safely operating a forklift to perform responsibilities within the warehouse operations. The Forklift Operator is also responsible to become cross-functional for other distribution duties that include; receiving, picking, packing, shipping and return processing of products to meet high company standards of safety, security and productivity. Will be doing both manual loading and unloading of parts. Must be able to operate equipment for product receipt, storage and order fulfillment. Take full charge of the assigned receiving area. Know the proper location and receiving process for all accounts. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core value. Essential Job Duties:
- Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling parts off shelves (both by hand and with forklift); packing boxes, preparing pallets, and preparing shipments; placing orders into delivery area and onto delivery trucks (both by hand and with a forklift). Load, unload, pick, put away, consolidate, stack and stage products and materials using a forklift.
- Follow specific work instructions and best practices to safely and accurately complete daily work assignments and in a timely manner.
- Record receipts to appropriate forms and/or log books.
- Verify that proper documentation is attached.
- Support all operational processes and procedures to ensure value to the customer and compliance with all LKQ policies, customer requirements and federal/state/local regulations.
- Assists with physical inventories and cycle counts, ensuring proper stock rotation.
- Inspect each pallet and or case for proper quantities, items brands, and lot codes (as applicable) damages and follow any special instructions on Work Assignment Form and /or additional documentation.
- Communicate problems, concerns and ideas to management. Identify process improvements.
- Participate in all assigned training programs and adhere to all guidelines
- Perform forklift duties, and learn to containerize basic loads.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers always.
- Assist in various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, storing equipment, etc.
- Complying with LKQ Policy and Procedures Completes reports by entering required information Forklift Trained and Certified Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a forklift and meet medium level physical exertion requirements, including lifting to 50 pounds frequently
- Excellent attendance history
- Experience in warehouse/distribution center
- Basic math and reading skills to perform job tasks and complete necessary paperwork
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instruction
- We are looking for Forklift Operators who are reliable, punctual and safety-minded, with a strong work ethic.
- You must also work well as part of a team and be willing to work long hours when necessary.
- It is also important that you display a positive, helpful demeanor, and a commitment to providing the best in customer service
- Clean Pre-Employment Drug and Criminal Background Screening required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions.
Posting ID: 594464529Posted: 2020-12-21Job Title: Forklift Operator