Description Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.We would love to have you join the Scheels team!Overview:
The Full Time Ginna's Cafe Leader will oversee all operations with Scheels beverages and dining areas. This position is responsible for providing quality beverages/food and supervision of the Scheels dining areas. This position will represent Scheels as a friendly, courteous and knowledgeable professional to all customers and fellow associates. What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:Customer Service
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine "Thank you"
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact.
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Must be Serve Safe certified
- Train all new associates using kitchen tools, mentor checklists and standard operating guidelines
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
- instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization
- Ability to apply basic understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Place orders for Ginna's Cafe vendors to maintain proper stock of food and dry goods
- Must understand online scheduling programs and schedule Ginna's cafe to meet the needs of the Scheels business
- Prepare all fudge products and sale to customers.
- Perform all Ginna's restaurant functions, which may include deli line, barista, grill, ice cream, baked goods, fudge and other duties as assigned per Ginna's Manager and Supervisors.
- Follow all food safety guidelines by State and Local Ordinances
- Ensure all products are received and stored according to Standard Operating Guidelines
- Assist in training all new associates using kitchen tools, mentor checklists and Standard Operating Guidelines
- Ensure cash control and till management is followed according to Scheels Cashier Guidelines.
- Manage and support side work, daily and detail cleaning schedules, opening and closing procedures
- Maintain working knowledge of Caf recipes and prepared foods
- Maintain an orderly and exceptionally clean appearance of personal work space and surrounding areas
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels' policies and procedures.
- Ability to work assigned scheduled which may include varied hours, evening, weekends, and holidays
High school education; and 1-3 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience Activity:
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodationMedium work -
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury Schedule:
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 6p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week is 40 hours.Benefits:
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.