Vice President, Finance & Accounting
Advantage Solutions is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
We are currently seeking a seasoned Vice President, Finance & Accounting to play a critical role in our finance and accounting function. This role will assist in the leadership of our enterprise-wide financial function while maintaining the performance of daily accounting activities.
Our Vice President, Finance & Accounting is responsible for monitoring financial performance, forecasting event count and financial results, building financial models to evaluate business case opportunities, and coordinating with the Accounting & Controls team on budgeting and P&L management for each of the business reporting segments. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills required include:
- Prepare timely, accurate and succinct reports which summarize, analyze and forecast the division's business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and expected operations; and presents such reports to management.
- Oversee the client and supplier profitability analysis for the Sales and Operations divisions for external and internal margin optimization.
- Enhance the financial support of operations through financial analysis, contract review, ROI computations and various other metrics.
- Communicate results and expectations to leadership with appropriate background information.
- Consult with management concerning major economic objectives and policies.
- Supervise Finance personnel and performance for the division.
- Coordinate with segments on new business development and performs business case modeling.
- Provide ad-hoc reports and analysis to management as requested.
- Attend divisional leadership meetings on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Liaise with other corporate departments - Accounting, Analytics, Technology, Legal, Human Resources, Sales, and Operations.
- Assist with preparation of budgets.
- Education Level: MBA or Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. CPA also required.
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Skill in supervising to include delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
- Decision making skills
- Strong analytical and research Skills
- Team building Skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, procedures and standards policy and procedure development techniques
- Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to federal and state tax code
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Ability to direct, lead, coach, and develop people
- Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
- Demonstrated ability to provide cross-functional leadership
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to develop strategic plans to grow the business
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications
- Intermediate level knowledge of PC software applications and strong understanding of PC operating systems
- Solid conflict management skills
Posting ID: 594795637Posted: 2020-12-23Job Title: Finance