MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis-caring for the whole person-MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.Job Summary
Performs a variety of clinical, technical and data management responsibilities for the screening and evaluation of pediatric patients in the Department of Otolaryngology - Audiology Division. Assists with the daily activities of the hearing aid dispensing program. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.Education and Experience Requirements
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree and completion of 3 years of a doctoral degree in audiology.
- Some experience with computers is required.
About MedStar Health
- Conducts newborn hearing screenings using both otoacoustic emissions and automated auditory brainstem response testing equipment. Identifies which babies to screen and follows correct infant handling.
- Screening is done according to written clinic protocol as evidenced by competency-based skills training.
- Assists the audiologists with the behavioral assessment of pediatric patients in the audiology clinic.
- Performs technical and administrative duties related to the hearing aid dispensing program.
- Exemplifies Guest and Staff Relations standards in all activities.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area.
- The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all- inclusive.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Posting ID: 594796220Posted: 2021-04-21Job Title: Audiology Extern