Our team is growing and we have a variety of opportunities available for Patient Services Representative. If you're passionate about patient care and looking for a career that offers great benefits and plenty of room for growth, we invite you to explore this opportunity today! This position will work the following schedule: Three 11.5-hour shifts and one 5.5-hour shift per week, between the hours of Sunday to Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. This position also requires every third weekend and every third holiday. This position is located at 775 South Arlington Avenue, Harrisburg, PA 17109, and could be asked to travel to other locations for PTO coverage on an as-needed basis: Camp Hill, Enola, or Annville.Responsibilities:
- Help patients navigate the healthcare system by providing clear and understandable instructions. Provides follow-up to unresolved patient questions or needs to ensure the appropriate continuity of care.
- Assist with administrative duties in the office including but not limited to scanning of medical records and faxing
- Guide patient through use of self-arrival technology or check-in patient at desk depending on patient preference
- Schedule or connect patient to resources to schedule for ancillary services at checkout
- Understands the principles of service recovery and is both empowered and responsible for taking appropriate action to recover from service that does not meet the expectation of the UPMC Experience.
- Assist patients in education of financial responsibility and connect them to advocacy resources as needed
- Obtain signature of patient or family member for consent to treatment and financial responsibility following the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations
- Confirm/verify insurance benefits with the appropriate carrier via online verification systems or telephone inquiries
- Promote MyUPMC patient portal and assist patients in registration when applicable
- Collect copayments and any other applicable patient payments at the point of service
- Provide a warm greeting for all patients
- Confirm and/or update patient registration information at checkout
- Appropriately distribute / triage phone calls to other areas and / or clinical providers
- Schedule follow-up appointments within the practice at checkout
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Completion of high school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Experience with personal computer based applications, other various office equipment and proficient typing skills are preferred.
- Two years of experience in a medical / billing / fiscal or customer service function is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Prior experience with Medipac, Epic, or other health records systems is preferred.
Clearances must be dated within 90 daysAct 33 with renewal Act 34 with renewal Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Current UPMC employees must apply in HR Direct
Posting ID: 594796828Posted: 2021-02-24